As businesses are doing their best to protect customers, employees and communities, they’re not just winging it. Every decision has to be made with safety in mind and a new grant program will help them cover expenses to do so.
Applications are now available for the Michigan COVID-19 Safety Grant Program, a new initiative launched by the State of Michigan Labor and Economic Opportunity Department that will provide small businesses matching funds of up to $10,000 to decrease the risk of COVID-19 spread through safety and health-related equipment purchased and training in response to COVID-19.
Businesses with under 250 employees are eligible to apply for funding to match expenses spent on uses such as:
- Physical barriers including plexiglass panels to separate employees from customers
- Cleaning equipment & supplies to clean high-touch surfaces in work areas
- HVAC & other ventilation upgrades to provide cleaner air in facilities
- Training for employees about safety & COVID-19
- And facial coverings for employees & customers
Governor Gretchen Whitmer praised this new program, stating that these grants will help to make the job of keeping workers, customers and communities safe from COVID-19 a bit easier for businesses during this time.